Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Silent Game

So here's how the story goes,
It's a little sad, a lot bit sweet
One that no one really knows
We're not people people meet

There's this boy that caught my eye
After a week, I knew his name
But he was funny, I was shy
And so I played the silent game

Tried not to say his name too much
Keep the butterflies at bay
No need to get all my hopes up
But the fluttering still stayed

If we fast forward a couple years
We find us sitting on a rock
Talking about our separate futures
That's all it was to him, just talk

Well, as far as I had known
Which happened to be a small amount
Meanwhile I wished for him on Cola trucks
And he found new words inside his mouth

I hoped he wouldn't decide to push me away
Because talking to him made me see
He thought the way I guessed he did all those days
The only one I wanted close to me

Come autumn, we're best friends
Like two kids who decided to climb the same tree
For once I didn't have to play pretend
That I had somebody with me

If years of waiting led to you
Standing closely by my side
Holding my hand like you do
I would choose you every time

If three days of waiting leads to you
Coming home to me, I'll try
'Cause if I had to wait years again
I would choose you every time

I will choose you every time


1 comment: