Monday, June 30, 2014

Your First Love

I laughed when I saw this prompt. And a few of you probably did, too. As some of you know, I have had a few scary experiences in the past (as a little girl) with "my first love." Haha...
Only, none of those were love. And as far as I know, I've not exactly properly fallen in love just yet. Well, not in the way you think.

But my first love was my dad. He has always been my hero. You all know him as goofy, wise, witty, and just plain awesome. And, although he is all of those things, he is so much more to me.
He is the one who leads our family.
Kind is an understatement.
He is so very loving, takes time to be with me, protects me with all of his heart, sings to me, hugs and kisses me, and makes me laugh so hard.
He is everything I need in a father.
And I love him dearly.
My dad has modeled for me what it means to be a true Christian and follow God with everything inside of you.

Now, tell me. Is there a better first love than that?

4 comments:

  1. Emily,

    I was praying for you this morning when I felt compelled to read your blog. It gives me a way to see inside of your heart to know what The Lord is doing there. I cried when I read this and I praise God that I would have the honor and joy that comes with being your daddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know what to say. Thank you. :)

      Delete