Monday, January 11, 2016

Marble.

Don't wanna live inside this head
I'd rather try to breathe again
Get out, get out,
I shan't last in here
Where everything changes
Where nothing is clear
Anxiety settles in
Sorrow makes a home
Long as I'm in my head
I think that I'm alone
Don't really know what to do about this
Wish I could take it out of me and analyze it
Pull it under a magnifying glass
Answer all the questions that I've always asked
Maybe it's in me for good, and maybe it's not
So I take a step out, and see what I've got
What I see is like a marble
Swirling colors in place
As though seeing a hurricane
All the way from outer space
Dark colors in my marble
Storms of what I feel
Leaving me to ask myself
Which one's actually real
Then there are prettier colors
Like lavender and mint
Probably signifying faith
And words that are His
They bloom within the black
And spread like paint in water
They fade, but never die
Because He's an undying father
Then there's sunset orange
And that's you, I know
It fights against the dark
And tells it to leave me alone
There are many other colors
From pinks to ones in the ocean
To symbolize different people
And places and emotions
Some of them are consistent
And yet some go away
Some of them are ones that
I so wanted to stay
Colors of my memories
Vividly arrive
Some look melancholy
And some, in happiness, thrive
Nostalgia fills the marble
Creeping in between the borders
Of every single moment
Every feeling, every color
The colors help me see a bit
Of what's going on inside
I can tell a few colors I need
And some I have to fight
The hard part is just knowing
Which ones I'll get to keep
And trying not to think of
Ones that have yet to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment