Sunday, July 24, 2016

7/19/16

That's when I looked up and saw the moon.
A full moon, glowing, illuminating the sky.
I then considered how beautiful it was, yet, the light was not its own;
The sun, though hidden from my eyes, was shining through the moon,
As the moon readily reflected the sun's beauty,
Causing beauty of its own, in a way.

I do not wish to be the sun.
My Jesus is the sun, and I wish to be the moon.
I want people to look at me and think, "wow,
"How bright is she, how radiant."
Then I want them to realize.
"But look how she did not create this light.
"It is simply a reflection of something greater,
"Something we can see just through her as of now."
And if my light is so beautiful, it is only a fraction.
I want to be nothing more than what You made me to be,
Nothing less than what You want from me.
Help me illuminate the dark
When people don't know who You are.
"Yes, a reflection of something greater;
"A reflection of her Saviour."




So help me glow until the end
Until the Sun rises again.

1 comment: