Thursday, July 7, 2016

Cracks

Don't drown me in sorrow, I don't know how to swim
You tell me they're gone 'cause I can't handle it
Don't promise me tomorrow if you won't let me win
You feed me your lies just to see my skull split

You pretend that I'm crazy but you understand
Too many casualties you've casually planned
Make my loves seem like airplanes who crash instead of land
Dropping like flies in the palm of your hand

Don't remind me of yesterday, yesterday's beat
Hard enough to keep walking with barbed wire in my feet
You taunt me with tomorrow as if cough syrup's sweet
Holding my strings in the cracks of your teeth

Don't tell me I'll lose him, don't burn down my home
Turning a breeze to a blizzard when I'm not in control
Don't snatch him up from me to leave me alone
Go choke on the fear that you shove down my throat

Don't tell them I'm fine while killing me mentally
Making me freeze until you're the new death of me
Don't stare at me quizzically, this isn't Jeopardy
Hope you're satisfied when I crush my own masterpiece

Never say never, 'cause you spoke too soon
You made this a fight that I can't afford to lose
Don't leave me to hang from these thoughts like a noose
I'm sorry about this but you've blackened my room

No comments:

Post a Comment