Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Birds

Nothing makes sense until she explains it
She tells me about books, films, and different centuries
She strings out the symbolism in her lacey words
And I know what it means, now I know what it means
She chases away my depression when she comes home
My sour day turns sweet if she enters the room
I'm high off the ground when I'm around her
She makes me think about the otherworldly, saving me from my gloom
You can see God in the air all around her
She pulls me closer to Him, even when she isn't saying a word
Sometimes I wanna ask how to get to Him, since clearly she knows
But I know I've got access, I know I'm already heard
She tells me what everything represents
In the movies that make me think twice
And even if it's not what the filmmaker intended
I know that she's right, she's always right
She knows the world better than the world knows itself
Somehow, she's always ready to learn
Even though she knows more than anyone about anything
So keep learning, keep learning, Rebekah
Maybe then you can explain the world to me

No comments:

Post a Comment