Wednesday, March 22, 2017

...............

My brother's struggling through it, too
I come home to his discussion with Mom and Dad
We're shaking underneath the chains of the monotony
And they don't waver, they just stay on
But this routine is killing me
And he's trying to crawl out of the cycle
I wish I could save him from it, but I can't even save myself
One day at a time, one day at a time
So I try to change it up
I move the furniture in my room,
I buy a decoration from the World Market,
I try to keep my lavender alive,
I put on makeup now and then,
I redo my blog, because my head is changing (as I told you)
I buy new clothes,
I ask Rebekah about the decades
Anything to keep me moving,
Anything to keep me sane
Anything to make me feel like there's progress, and
Anything to save me from the monotony.

No comments:

Post a Comment