Monday, September 25, 2017

infinity

so speaking of dreams
do you remember what you promised me?
I choke on the words that weren't mine
I scrape my skin off along with all those days you weren't fine

it bleeds into my brain
all of those things I didn't say, all of those
times I couldn't be there and all along
I tried to tell myself it was unfair, what you asked of me
but I kill myself in my sleep

does it hurt when you remember
that I was born in September?
like it hurts any time I remember being gone for your birthday
do you read my old letters, and if so, what did they say?
I can't remember
I can't remember

"I love you to the moon and back,"
"I love you to infinity and beyond"
I get just a little dizzy if I keep thinking of our songs
only half of me's telling me it wasn't my fault

so there's nothing new to say
I have to tell you I honestly prayed
well I should have seen this coming
infinity was always longer anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment