Monday, September 25, 2017

sleepyhead

"And don't go to bed yet, love, 
"I think it's too early,
"And we just need a little time to ourselves"
Well it took me long enough to realize that I'm suffocating
Occasional paralysis that steals my breath and destroys my lungs
And I wonder why, just like the fool that I am, hating every one of my songs
It's because he's gone, it's because he's gone
And college is a wonderful place to move on
But what if you're stuck in a messy room, the one your dad keeps telling you to clean?
And I should be alright 'cause I'm bloody eighteen
But here I am, trapped in the cycles of high school drama
With nothing for my mind to drill upon but your absence 
Well, I promise I'll get better
I will clean up this room 
I will be brave and strong
I will sleep well
I will stop thinking about people who are gone
And I will grow up to be everything that I need to be
And I will fully support all the people who need me
My pillowcase will be free of any tear stains
I will be independent and I will be the definition of okay
I will be a woman who can figure things out just in time
I will mature and learn how to do something with my life
But just not tonight,
Just not tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment