Tuesday, April 3, 2018

dreams from last night have affected my day
I'm seeing things through a heartwrenching daze
I can't write this essay, I'm too wide awake 
or maybe I'm trapped in my nightmarish state

all I see is you approaching and yelling at me
a lurch in my stomach tells me someone is going to kill me
I sense a bond with people who don't believe
I have this urgency to save my family

I think it's dripping with symbolism
but I don't want to pay attention
paranoia is a prison
he's screaming psychological tension

I feel fingers brushing against mine
I see someone losing his mind
I feel a genuine fear for my life
I see my reflection with tears in her eyes

my heart is racing, I'm short of breath
I tell my sister I'm not ready for death
I've got to get going, I wake up in bed
my room is dark and so is my head

"I feel lonely everywhere except for with you"
we embrace the title "troubled youth"
the doors are glass, a fire shines through
a pathway to the car for two

I tell you it's fine, he's just losing his mind
you're yelling at me and breaking inside
put your hand into mine, I just don't want to die
how can I go to heaven and leave the hellbound behind?


No comments:

Post a Comment