Tuesday, April 3, 2018

chocolate

I've been writing this research paper
do schools kill creativity?
sucking on the irony

where are we going?
we fade out after high school
not staying, but certainly not leaving

you go your way, I'll go mine
drift is the word of the day
why can't you hold on to the moments, do you not see them?

the taste of chocolate in my mouth
denim on denim, two liters of hairspray
how big does something have to be to change your life?

what are you going to say after you graduate?
if we each got a sentence
what would yours be?

I keep dreaming of all the people
I haven't given Bibles to
last night was violent

I was tired, I turned to lean on your shoulder
and found my rock hard pillow instead
I don't remember waking up

what's the difference between consciousness and unconsciousness?
I'm afraid in both, but the sky's lighter here
and I'm never physically assaulted in real life

in my dream-state I looked at my sister, who was the same
"I can't do this anymore, I'm going to wake up"
she nodded and I was transferred from one haze to another

there was dust on this chair before I sat in it
there is the mark that I have made



1 comment: