Saturday, May 31, 2014

Your Bird

Remember when hope was a distant thought
Found in the corner of your brain?
It pushed you and it led you on
But only a wish, all the same

And it grew into a wild bird
With wings wide as the sky
The only thing you ever heard
Was how it couldn't die

But then one day a storm came on
Soon your bird came falling down
And darling, I think that you forgot
That bird could still lead you out

You've been hurting all this time
You just wish that it would end
But I've come to tell you with these rhymes
That your bird is back again

2 comments:

  1. Emily,

    You are a very gifted writer and I love being able to read your creative work! I am so proud to call you my daughter. Keep up the awesome work on this blog..

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dad! :D You're so sweet. :)

      Delete