Wednesday, September 10, 2014

4 AM

At four a.m. I'm up again
Seemingly for no reason
Tell me, why does this happen?
Well, my dear, it all depends

At four a.m. I'm more awake
Than when I get up at eight
And now I most appreciate
The sleep I get when hours are late

At four a.m. I'm up again
Because last night just had to end
And in these hours it all depends
But at four a.m. you're still my friend

Maybe it's because I cannot dream
Maybe it's because the life of me
Is better than it could ever be
If I closed my eyes and fell asleep

At four a.m. thoughts go to you
As somehow they just always do
And honestly, you know the truth?
(I like these hours better when I think of you)

At four a.m. thoughts turn to war
And what on earth we're fighting for
The guns of our minds and our spiritual swords
Are they fighting each other, or something more?

At four a.m. I'm getting deep
And although my pen doesn't wanna leave
I think that I should get some sleep
Well, if my head is nice to me...

1 comment: