Monday, September 15, 2014

Train of Thought

Here I am at this desk
Writing once again
And I'll say sorry now
'Cause sanity's running from my head
When I finally have time
I just can't find the rhymes
They come to me most when they shouldn't be on my mind
You might wanna jump off
This train of thought
'Cause the ticket you bought
I'm pretty sure did not
Mention the cost
Of reading words from a girl
Whose mind has been lost
And I lost it, I swear!
I've checked everywhere
I've looked over here
And I've searched over there
Sometimes my mood depends
On whether or not I brushed my teeth
'Cause sometimes I feel fresh
And others like I was raised in the street
You might wanna leave
Before I get too deep
If you called me insane,
I'd only agree
I'll take a rocket to the moon
To just be alone
Because I'm sick of all these people judging me
While they stare at their phones
But up there on my own
I think I'd start to groan
And maybe I would cry because
I'm so far from home
So therefore I'd
Decide to decide
That I'd take you with me,
If that would be alright
In fact-- I've got a better plan
Why not go to Neverland?
It's a dream we've both had
Since we learned that
Growing up is a card in
Reality's hand
We could get away
And will, in a way
In oh, let me think--
Thirteen more days?
If I'm doing math right
It has been a long night
I am losing my mind
And it's only half-past nine!
If Peter Pan had a horn
Like Susan from Narnia, or something of the sort
Then I am pretty sure
I'd know what it sounds like,
'Cause I've heard it before
I usually hear it several times a day
Which makes me so happy and they all look at me like I'm cray
In fact, I heard it a few times just now
Only, nobody's around
Which is kind of a good thing
'Cause I love listening to the sound
There are lanyards on my door
And when I'm sitting on the floor
I can read them better
And that's when the memories come forth
The names are all "Emily Grey"
But they've got so much more to say
So many different Emilys
Yet somehow they're the same
Like, "Hey, look! That Emily had shoes!
"Oh, wow, check it out. I totally still do."
And other Emilys wore that lanyard for a long time ago
Funny how God works
He loves to foreshadow
Yours is the story that hasn't been told
"What you've got is gold"
Your story I know
You know, I really despise
Ten o'clock at night
It's my least favorite time
Most don't know why
Don't be too full of sorrow,
I'll have to post this tomorrow
As you're reading this
It's already the next day
But as I'm writing this
You're still several hours away
So I can say, "Hey!"
And it'll be like traveling through time
Only not at all
(Told you I've lost my mind)
Do you wanna bet
This is my longest post yet?
If all of it you've read,
Then I apologize for what I've said
My brain is dead
It's out of my head
It's getting late
But not late enough
For me to be thinking like I
Am and was
This is my train of thought
It includes a lot of you
And a little bit
Of everything else, too
This is my train of thought
Now you've taken a look
Really I should've
Just written a book


8 comments:

  1. Of all your posts ever (And I've read them all) This is by far my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, really!? Wow. :D Well, thank you so much. :) I really appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  2. Love it! Funny and deep, and trust me honey, there are other insane people. XD For example, me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!! wait yeah I do... YOU ARE AN AMAZING POET LIKE SRSLY THO


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks... Really though, I have no clue why you guys like this one so much. xD

      Delete