Saturday, June 24, 2017

contacts

At the beach house
I closed my eyes and saw the ocean
Searching for a wave to catch with my brother
As the water poured over me in the shower

And here I am
Reading a month-old post from my sister
Because it's all that I've got from her
I close my eyes and see moments like the beach
I try to catch them

She writes about
How people wake up with or without purpose
And I picture us at church in worship
She raises her arms and worships and breathes
I raise my arms and worship and try to believe

I'm getting there
My God is patient and I'm struggling
Holding on to things He tells me
Jesus never tires from fighting

I close my eyes
Think of a girl who used to love me
In a world where I was happy
I don't want that to be how Jesus sees me
Give me joy and help me see things


Because I believe

No comments:

Post a Comment