Friday, August 25, 2017

horizon

My mind wanders and my fingers stroke the wind
Searching for something that's certainly not there
Unconsciously reaching into all the empty spaces
Closing my eyes, I breathe in the miles and miles of empty air

Like a child in a game of hide and seek
Like a native girl watching a ship disappear
She is crushed, and I am devastated for her
Though she was never really here

But I look for you when you're far away
I don't mean to, I just do without fail
Some days I'm distracted, I always try to forget
But it's like I'm trapped on an endless trail

And even now, rhymes aren't close to a shadow
Of all the things that you are when you're gone
I hear you laugh at a thought that I have
I see you in places that you are not

The future is flashing before me as always
The only part about it that doesn't scare me is you
We're a thought in my head, I turn it over and over
Wishing you were forever closer

No comments:

Post a Comment