Wednesday, December 27, 2017

(bet)

Give me something, show me that you won't leave me alone
Bet on it, freaking bet
I bet you I could make you go
I bet I wouldn't let it show
I bet nobody would know
I can bet it on my soul
Your reputation would be gold
Bet
I bet you I'm a sucky friend
I bet you I'm a freaking mess
I bet you I could make it end, in a minute, maybe less
I bet you that I'm screwed
Heck, I bet I'm losing you
I'll ignore you for three months
And that's the best that I can do
But I bet you'll make me choose
Of course you will, how freaking dare you?
I'm choosing wrong, just watch and learn
I'll screw it up, I'm a woman of my word
Or I could try to be a friend
Or I could clean up my mess
I could fix this in a year, maybe more, maybe less
But it's pounding in my chest
I always claim I try my best
But my best at what, sabotaging myself?
This is what I wanted, isn't it?
But you can bet on my regret
End of the year, and I'm still not dead
Maybe I'm here for something
Oh, that's scary, isn't it?
Take it on a freaking bet
I always called myself a friend
I could be walking some museum
But I stay behind instead
On your way out, shut the door
We know we all love Ethan more
I shouldn't be writing a stupid poem
As if I've never dealt with this before
Sis can always take the blows
No burden's too big for her to hold
She'll take any rant I'll offer
But to the rest of you, don't waste your breath telling me it's my fault, believe me
I already know
But she's in a forest somewhere now
And I'm stranded in my home
Bet I want to be alone
Bet I won't pick up the phone
Get it my way, be on my own
Some bitter victory I've found myself
The only one I've ever known
All I want is to forget
Something that I've never said
Don't even speak to me of friend,
I'll take it on a freaking bet







No comments:

Post a Comment