Monday, December 18, 2017

Keep me afloat, keep me afloat
I've already noticed the hole in my boat
Is it there because of me?
It doesn't matter now, nothing matters when you're sinking

Here I am, my arms are flailing
The water moves, the sun is setting
Has my boat reached the bottom yet?
My joints are getting sore, I'm losing grit, I'm losing it

I don't know, is this how it's supposed to feel?
Tell me it's not real, tell me it's not real
I can't hold on much longer
That's when I notice tiger sharks

Here's the point, the encrypted message
I feel like I can't breathe
I wish I could not see
I wish I was the blind girl, that would make me something
I wish that you were happy
I wish that I was grasping
I wish that I could make you proud, all I wanted was for you to see how this works
Have you ever noticed how I stop rhyming when I feel I need to scream?
I think that I'm exploding, I fear I'm bursting at the seams
And not a soul can see
Not even me
Everything is too loud
My legs, they slide across my sheets
And I am restless
The yelling downstairs gets quieter when I'm screaming at myself
Blood pounds into my head, and I
Don't know what I'm saying
I think I'm sick, but everyone else says it's okay
It's completely normal
Are my arms completely normal?
Please don't leave, I am suffocating
I am suffocating on this planet

No comments:

Post a Comment