Monday, January 5, 2015

the reason

Take me back
And I can see
Everything
So vividly
A little girl waits
In front of a window
Stuck between songs,
She missed the shadow
"All I Wanted" and "Amsterdam"
She was still dreaming of Neverland
She blamed it on the rain, you know
The rain outside of that window
And as I'm looking now,
She fades away
Like the chalk on the sidewalk
In all of that rain
And the past is gone
The girl's not the same
But I guess I still see her
Every few days
Here's to the stars in your eyes
Here's to our hopes,
Here's to tonight
This year is already so bright
We walk along now
We leave things behind
'Cause all that dark,
Guess it really got me
Torn apart,
But that never should have stopped me
Have I said too much yet?
Moving full-speed ahead
I've learned how to mend
And beautiful things come with
Those who've been bent
I read today
The comforted comfort
We all deal with that stuff
You and me, him and her
The truth is...
Hard to tell
And if it were told
I'm not sure it would help
I thought I saw a light ahead
But it's hard to focus in a nightmare
Maybe I'll tell the truth instead
But I don't think I'm making sense
There's me,
And maybe I've said too much
Maybe reality's there
And I'm just out of touch
But I think the problem is that it's all too real
But how can I think
When I only feel?
I'm afraid that you'll leave
I'm afraid that you'll stay
I think over all,
I'm just really afraid
I want to be stable
I want to be brave
But I fear I'm unable
To make it that way
I'll stand in this corner
With a sign around my neck
That reads, "Am I more than
"You bargained for yet?"
Get this, understand one thing:
I'm not strong enough to be the reason
She doesn't see the sun anymore.
And now I'm sure,
I've said too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment