Sunday, April 10, 2016

A few things I am grateful for...

-- Rebekah's sense of fashion (and that she helps me with mine)

-- Wishing for the same thing every time I blow on a dandelion

-- Sushi

-- Hearing Joseph's ringtone on my phone and doing a little dance before I pick up

-- All Isaac's stuffed penguins (and the fact that they regularly talk to me)

-- Fireflies

-- Hearing music playing from Rebekah's room

-- Waking up and feeling productive

-- Taking walks with Isaac when the sun is setting

-- Trying to breathe during a really cold shower

-- Isaac squeezing his eyes closed when I put sunscreen on his face

-- When I pull the covers over me in bed and feel really safe

-- Years of playing soccer

-- Not getting inappropriate jokes

-- Rebekah hiding little plastic aliens in my room, and me hiding them in hers when I find them

-- When Dad makes us pancakes on a Saturday morning

-- Actually wanting to be at co-op

-- Writing in journals throughout the years

-- Finishing all my chores

-- The light in the kitchen when the sun sets

-- The fact that Baylie can be the sweetest, most gentle person in the world, and then basically stomp on your stupid head if you mess with her friends

-- Being Baylie's friend

-- Ethan telling stupid, stupid, stupid jokes

-- Happy

-- Lemonade on a summer day

-- Reading Percy Jackson

-- TREK 2013, and realizing how much I loved those people

-- Laughing with Rebekah while getting ready in the bathroom

-- The excitement of a new school year

-- Hope's loyalty and love

-- Singing at the top of our lungs with Dad and the other kids in the car

-- Orion

-- Conversations with Nick; either being really deep or sounding half-drunk

-- The lazy river at Hawaiin Falls with my brothers

-- Cabin camping

-- Playing disc golf with my family

-- Hannah and I singing "On My Own" in the showers at Messiah's Ranch

-- Seeing the difference in people's lives after they come to know God

-- Grace being adorable and vintage, then pumps and boss woman

-- Watching Joseph, Ethan, and Isaac skip stones

-- Switch 2015

-- Making plans for running away and creating a forest Hobbit community with my geometry classmates

-- Porch swings

-- Joseph's curly hair

-- Drawing pictures throughout different phases of my life

-- Jonathan Inman's laugh

-- Izzy being transparent

-- Swimming to the sandbar on the beach

-- God doesn't change, and neither does His love

-- Joseph telling me to live a little (though I feel plenty alive when I'm around him)

-- My poor, neglected guitar

-- Wearing dresses

-- I just really like Joseph

-- Looking at cute animals and babies on Pinterest with Mom

-- Jillian being my only real friend at Surge, and never once turned her back on me to this day

-- Playing Lego video games with Jojo

-- Songs that make me cry

-- Perfume

-- Grace's vocabulary (lagoon of happiness, I think it was)

-- Texting Charla "yo yo yo"

-- Newcomb

-- Mrs. Cindetta's rant about God creating the middle finger

-- Puppet shows with shadows from a flashlight with Ethan and Isaac

-- Knowing what Joseph is going to say before he says it

-- Also being surprised when Joseph says something spontaneous (a good thing)

-- Laughing so hard my stomach hurts

-- Growing up with Abigail and Crystal Enns

-- When I got Baylie into Owl City

-- Tyler Joseph, Adam Young, and Ben Cooper explaining my life by explaining their's

-- Playing with Rebekah's hair

-- The night Ethan and I were home alone and we were really stressed out so we sat at the table and prayed for each of our friends individually

-- God answering prayer (even if it's a no)

-- Teaching Hannah how to read comics on the bus ride to TREK

-- When me and my siblings used to jump on the trampoline and spray each other with the hose

-- Hope knowing what I mean

-- The lanyards on my closet door (still)

-- Lemon pie

-- Rebekah writing stories out of songs that she hears

-- Baylie and I complaining to each other how no one understands, even though we understand each other in a vague way

-- Playing tag in fifth grade

-- Sitting on a rock at Beach Blast and talking to Joseph (my crush) about growing up

-- Playing The Avengers with my brothers on the trampoline at twelve years old (and being Loki every time)

-- *Nick making burping noises into microphone*
    "Nick"
    "Yes ma'am"
    "Give me the mic"
    "No ma'am"
    (Nick and Rebekah at band practice)

-- Joseph posting on his blog

-- Coldplay

-- Laughing my head off with Grace at Awaken because we all got squared away

-- When Rebekah and Caroline gave Joseph "Toby Mac" drumsticks for his birthday and he was so happy that I wished I had bought him the whole concert

-- Writing Bible verses with chalk

-- Lunch with my siblings

-- All those times at band practice when Joseph would start drumming a song that I knew, and made eye-contact with me

-- Understanding references no one else does

-- Katie Webb hearing all my subtle comments and laughing

-- Rereading drops I received at Anchorage

-- Working in the 1st-3rd grade room at church

-- The semesters of science with Baylie and Jillian

-- Jumping on the Vikes trampoline

-- Dancing with Joseph

-- Beauty

-- That Joseph isn't away right now

-- Hannah always smelling good

-- My cute bookmarks

-- My watch (and Joseph liking my watch, too)

-- Kate Watkins

-- "How often do you shower, Izzy?"
    ...
    "Once."

-- Not being able to stop laughing at one of Izzy's stories, even though he's back to a serious part of the lesson

-- Throwing pillows at Mr. John

-- "Step Out" by Jose Gonzalez

-- Lace

-- The Twenty One Pilots concert

-- Beach Blast

-- Random texts of encouragement

-- Rebekah getting a scholarship

-- Kissing Isaac on the head

-- Mail addressed to me

-- Winter retreats

-- Shopping for new clothes

-- Going to Disney World

-- Helping feed the homeless in Dallas (even though I'm always scared to)

-- Complimenting people

-- Nick and Ethan acting like dorks

-- Seeing the world better when I got glasses

-- Joseph carrying my backpack even when I insist I can do it just fine (because I don't have to)

-- When Ethan and Joseph were basketball coaches for Isaac's team and they both tried to impress me at practices and Joseph could dunk and Ethan pretended to

-- Rebekah being my little punk girl

-- When everyone was in love with "Anna Sun"

-- My friends being cultured and original

-- Shelby making funny faces in pictures that I take

-- Obsessing over Marvel...

-- Jenna Steele

-- Coca Cola

-- Ethan and I rating each other's burps (we totally don't do that)

-- Finding clothes for a great price like an ENJOY COKE TEE FOR ONLY FOUR DOLLARS AM I RIGHT

-- Vans

-- "Awkward silence" with Baylie

-- Painting

-- The big window in my room facing the sunset

-- The first time Joseph asked if I was okay

-- Taking pictures

-- The fact that this list could go on forever

4 comments:

  1. I am almost in tears this made my dayyyyyy you're just the coolest person xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you're so sweet. :D I'm glad it made your day.

      Delete
  2. A FRICKING COKE TEE FOR 4 BUCKS THAT IS LIVING RIGHT THERE

    ReplyDelete