Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Dance Lessons

We slid down the slides under the night sky
The streets were all quiet, but we were alive 
"I'm following you, Captain Peter Pan."
"Come on, Wendy bird!" and you took my hand
We ran from the swing set, we climbed the playground 
Didn't play hide and seek, we were already found
And I couldn't help but laugh, it felt so right
Like children with wisdom about all our lives
We climbed a nine-foot mountain and conquered the world
You were my boy and I was your girl
You promised me everything, with your arms stretched wide
I laughed; all I wanted was you by my side
We talked about life, and I got this feeling 
Orion watched over us and must have heard my heart beating
I didn't know about tomorrow, it was something I couldn't see
But I knew my future, he was right next to me 

No comments:

Post a Comment