Monday, April 25, 2016

(I still don't want her to leave, though.)

But she was always better
Always braver
Always kinder
Always prettier
Not that that's what matters

She always had more faith
Always had a place
Always had a lovelier face
Always had a better taste
In everything she'll ever say

People, in general, see her first
The radiance comes in a burst
Always friendly, always sure
I'm not that much compared to her
Don't be mad now, of all this I'm sure

See, she's so expressive
In face and speech
World knows she's sharper
Than a thousand metal sheets
Sings her heart out to God
Lives out her faith
Caring for people
And heavens, that face
Beauty, beauty
And her style is fresh
Even in a bad day
She's still a hot mess
More original than anyone
And intelligent, too
Great at handling problems
And pushing on through
Earns everyone's respect
Within, at most, a week of knowing her
Her life is a song
(Wish I knew all the words)
I'm not saying I'm lame
Or worshipping this girl
I just need a chance
To live my own world

My point is, if they saw me alone
Without meeting him or her beforehand
They'd love me so much more than they do
Because they'd just see me for who I am

Maybe her leaving will be good for me
Maybe then people will actually see
Not that I actually need to be seen
But maybe I'll find myself, or something

5 comments:

  1. But like, I met you first, so you're always cooler to me anyway XD love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember really meeting you (before her) when we were little & I literally thought everything you put about her but about you. But I understand shadows all too well. Just know you rock the world just as hard. X)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are dears, I love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I found your blog by a chance and I want to say "thank you" because you are awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you are so kind! Thank you so much. :) Your blog is cool too!

      Delete