Sunday, June 26, 2016

semi-aloud

He's bouncing around all the walls in my head
It might be a tad better if I was just dead
No, don't get all worried, calm yourself down
This is just my mind speaking semi-aloud

I know it's selfish to wonder whether or not I've ever changed someone's life
But when someone like me has a mind like a knife 
You end up searching for meaning and losing it again
So it's hard to be strong when nothing ever makes sense

I made a shocking discovery that maybe I'm not who I wanna be
I wanted to be so different, maybe a loser, but so that everyone could see
That I wasn't the same, at least I wasn't the same
But I can't tell anymore, and there's no one to blame

*deep breath*

If I wasn't at church this morning, that little girl would have stayed crying in the hallway
Rather than coming into the classroom
Maybe she would have gone in anyway
But whatever, I'll try to count it on my list of differences
There's one

No comments:

Post a Comment