Saturday, June 11, 2016

Sound Asleep -- redo

(This one flows better)


You miss one hundred percent of all the shots you never take
But save one hundred percent of all the hearts you never break
I think we're at the point where I no longer should be fake
Hope's hard to hold onto, but even harder to make
Do I see a light at the end of this tunnel?
Yes, of course, I always do
But I feel the stinging smart of what I'll lose on the way
Or, instead of saying "what" I think I should be saying "who"
I don't wanna hurt anyone, but they walk away regardless
So I keep on moving forward and try my best not to look heartless
People say that I don't care, but people never know the truth
Staring at the wall behind me, ignorance is all they choose
But in order to survive, I have to walk away sometimes
Couldn't look you in the eye, had to tell you I was fine
But no one will ever even call me "brave" for that, and why?
Because "brave" is a funny word that we have misused over time
They say brave is when you conquer demons, where everybody knows
While that's true, bravery's also knowing when you must let go
And I'm trying not to hear a million cries around me
Because I can't be your superhero, I have fear enough to drown me
So when something's wrong, and she won't say a word all night
I turn and force a smile and tell myself that I'm alright
You can't fix everyone, all you can ever do is try
I only need two hands to hold my chin up high
Last night I had a dream where blood was coming from my ears
I was in trouble, but the irony is that no one else could hear
Sometimes I list the people that I'm positive still love me
Because if I live in my head too long, the hurt will always numb me
I don't like telling people that I still worry about her
Because they look at me like I've been crowned the queen of all absurd
"Why are you holding on to this, why can't you let go?"
"You think that I want this, you think I even know?"
Oh well.
I'm on my eight thousand, nine hundred, thirty-first sheep
The worst part is waiting to actually fall asleep

No comments:

Post a Comment