Friday, June 17, 2016

Sun

There she was faithfully, every morning
And the sad thing is, I think I'm the only one who cared
Asked if the little boy would make it to the after party
And the sad thing is, he wasn't there

I wonder how many stories
We pass by every day
I wonder how many miracles
Are chances we don't take

Because in another life
I never sat next to you on the stone
I found myself too shy
And let you sit alone

Would we have found our way?
Or would we break our hearts
Because you couldn't find the words
And I was too scared to fall apart?

Because you are my miracle
And I was the chance that you took
So I can ponder another life
But we'll never even get a look

We laugh under the sun
And blister our feet
Remember again
Every year for a week


Tonight, my heart's the only thing that doesn't hurt


No comments:

Post a Comment