Sunday, September 11, 2016

Lightyears, Actually

This is a poem about how much I love my Jojo
Because he deserves more space on this blog than my depression
But I hope it is realized that I write about sad things as therapy
Not because my illness is my one obsession

I adore my Jojo, he's so alive
Who needs the sun when I've got his smile?
If you were to write all my thoughts about him
The paper would have to go miles and miles

He gets embarrassed about things
That I completely love about him
So I won't write some on here
'Cause he'd think that it's a sin

He sings to God with such conviction
It can't go unnoticed
Not just some guy singing some song
God uses him to show the purpose

His imagination is endless
And even though he says I'm always in his head
I'd die to see more of what goes on in there
But I learn to be content with the pieces I get

I wish I could record everything he says
Because his words are hilarious, beautiful, and kind
He remembers all my favorite things
His eyes light up, and I pretty much die

My Jojo's like a sunset, I'm pretty sure I've said it before
Always so vibrant, I can't close my eyes
Always gone a bit too soon, always etched into my head
Always so unique, to look away would be a crime

It's kind of funny though, these words don't do him justice
The thing about him is that he does this thing
Where he makes the English language look so poorly put together
So when I tell him that I love him, that's nowhere close to what I mean

3 comments:

  1. 😍😍😍😭😭😭 I love you so much ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you so much more :) :) ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

      Delete
  2. Does this mean his cheating on me? 😦

    ReplyDelete