Saturday, January 14, 2017

Missing

Sometimes, when you're gone
It all feels unreal, unmade
But other times, it's painfully real
I can't focus on school
Words don't reach my mind
I can't eat my food
I don't sleep at night
And when I do,
I wake up at 4:05
Pull at my hair,
And try to imagine you by my side
I see you in every place you're not
I can't breathe because of
The space between us
And every scene is missing you
And it takes me hours to accomplish
A single, simple task
All my other thoughts are blurred
My stomach hurts
And I can't bring myself
To even climb out of my bed

But sometimes it doesn't feel real
And when you leave,
You slowly turn into an idea
Haunting my mind,
Telling me things were once better
Like an image in the back of my head
That I can't get rid of, and though I might deny it
The image determines most of what I do
But it's just a word I can't place
A happy thought I can't get to
And you bleed into my dreams
Over and over again
You're the hero in every movie I watch
You're the reason that I cry
When the plot twists and the lover dies
I think about the way I used to see you
How I couldn't get to you
No matter how much I wanted to
And on days like these, I feel the same way
 Like you're distant, like you couldn't stay
Like some things are too good to be true
I guess one of those things is you
And when I'm talking to other people
Certain words stand out
Certain facial expressions,
Some hugs, some jokes
Some references
And it's like I'm trying to piece together the dream I had last night
Because it was a really good dream that I need to write down
I just had it, I just had it
Slipping from my hands like sand
Daring me to keep believing
Whispering, things were better once
Even if I was only dreaming









No comments:

Post a Comment