Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Compass

Adults don't remember the things
They stressed over for the entire first segment of their lives
The hours into the night
The days and days of your life
The tears and tears in your eyes
As you stare at a page and try to make sense of it
As you move your pencil and try to keep trying this
And you won't even remember all of this when you grow up
But worry about it now, because they say you'll need this for life
And they say they're always right
So get good grades, it would be wise
One day you'll see it was fine
And you'll be glad in hindsight
Well, say what you'd like
But it doesn't change the fact that I need to grow some wings and get out of here
I'm wasting my life away
There's got to be more
And I'm tired of watching tragedy after tragedy
While learning about parabolas
This is too much for me, it's too much for me
I've gotta get out of here
It's time to go
If running away could save my best friend's mom
If leaving this place could cure my sister of her anxiety
If pulling on my shoes could stop my brother's heart from breaking
If not coming back could cure my friends of their depression
If running away could give me a lion heart and make me the person my boyfriend needs me to be
Oh, you bet I would be gone
I would fly away and never return
I would decide my own way to live and I would live to the full
"You need to learn all of this so that you will be prepared for life."
I think you're missing the point
I think you're missing the point
I think that maybe you're missing the point


No comments:

Post a Comment