Thursday, August 28, 2014

Keep On Walking

I remember things so vividly
And this one memory just stays
I smile when I think about it
A joy that won't go away

It's a certain walk we took
That's staying in my head
And when that walk was over
I swear I almost said,

"I feel so much better when you're around
"You cheer me up when I am down
"This has been so nice, I hope it's not a dream
"Let's keep on walking."

Trees on either side of us
The sky above was blue
A dirt path beneath my feet
As I walked next to you

A certain happiness filled my heart
A certain letter I read
And as that walk came to a close
I truly almost said,

"I don't deserve to get to call you my friend
"And I wish this path would never end
"This has been so nice, I hope it's not a dream
"Let's keep on walking."

Maybe if I could have stretched the path long enough
It wouldn't have gone by so fast
And maybe if I had just gone slow enough
That walk of ours could last

And I remember then
That most things have to end
And it's alright, yeah it's okay
Because more walks can begin again

So I sighed and kept my mouth shut
I didn't say a word
We'll still keep on walking
Just not along that dirt

No comments:

Post a Comment