Tuesday, August 12, 2014

This is What I Choose.

They say I must choose
But do I have to?

"Know what you'll do with your life.
"Succeed in school, become a rich wife."

My childish heart pulls me away
From everything they have to say

I want to be free
Is that too much to give to me?

The restless heart of a little girl
She was made for another world

But you're different, see, you don't feed me lies
And I love to see this place through your set of eyes

This planet gets dark, here comes the night
We can't see the sun, but we'll continue to fight

Because the sun must go down
For the stars to come out

And you'll keep looking to the Night Sky,
While I, the dandelion, will be by your side.

4 comments:

  1. I promise anchorage will prove this girl wrong. Love ya girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you. :) I love you too!!

      Delete
    2. Oops! That was supposed to go on "This Girl"!

      Delete
    3. Hahaha, I knew what you were talking about. It's all good! :)

      Delete