Monday, May 25, 2015

Harvey Island

Wish I could grow cold
Cold to the world
'Cause I know that this soul
Will always get hurt

But I can't break away
From the ones that I love
Or their troubles like raindrops
That fall from above

Always surrounding me
Here on my mind
'Cause if you cut into me
They'd bleed from inside

So when my beautiful friends
Say that no one cares
To me it almost sounds selfish
'Cause I'm always there

It's a special trait of mine
Not one I can choose
Because if I could
I'd have it removed

I guess that's where the flaw is
And it makes me selfish
The fact that I hate that
My heart is so selfless

Which wouldn't make me selfless
See, I don't know
I'm a confused, confusing paradox
That just wants to go

So I'll go to Harvey Island
It hasn't been discovered yet
And I won't bring anyone with me
I'll become someone they can forget

Yeah, I'ma go to Harvey Island
And stay there for a while
Till nobody remembers
The girl that always smiled

I'm going to Harvey Island
Where I don't trouble anyone
No one else for me to cry over
Guess you could say I'm done

No comments:

Post a Comment