Friday, May 1, 2015

Novel

When we were all strangers
And never had a clue
There wasn't as much danger
But not as much love, too
And the strangest thing I'm thinking of
Is that when I found the few
It took so long to love so much
Well, all except for two
I'm not exactly sure just when
I found out my life's a book
But judging from the past
Maybe I'll take a look
Maybe it was when I discovered
My friend group wasn't perfect
Made entirely up of
People wondering if it's worth it
So we put it in songs
And we write it on blogs
And maybe take too long
To remember we're strong
But now I'm stuck inside this cycle
Of win, and then lose
If I tell you I'm alright,
Then I don't know what to do
I spend my Fridays in a room
Where I drift from all the rest
In an huge place with just two people
That even know I get depressed
And my life is a story
I haven't read yet
If my life is a card game
I've lost several bets
But I bet, it's getting better
Long as you all don't forget her
Long as I keep reading letters
That my troubles will be feathers
But the characters all around me
Are the ones I want surrounding me
So complex and quietly loud, see
All maybe a bit more broken than I would think
There used to be a point in the day
Where the circles under my eyes went away
And that point always stayed the same
But now the circles are the only things that stay
Like the sun in the morning
I woke up today
I'm still in bed,
But nah I won't stay
Just reading what I
Wrote yesterday
Decided to finish it
So thank me some way
I wanna be the hero of this story
Don't want the attention,
Or you to adore me
I just wanna save everybody
'Cause it kills me that I understand
And still can do nothing
But cue the trust
'Cause that's not my job
Gotta trust it
To my God
He's the only hero first
And sometimes causes others
Like my daddy there
A couple friends, and brothers
I guess the only thing that's hard
Is it's difficult for me to give in
And let them be a hero for me
When I just want to win
I'm not sure just at which point
I discovered that this girl Emily
Is not half as tough as she thought she was
And couldn't be as strong as she thought she'd be
If a shattered heart could show me that
Well, it shouldn't take that much
So I'll try to let the heroes save me
With Him, it's not as tough
But I guess it's the humans that get me
The heroes of flesh and blood
The ones that give themselves for me
When I'm caught in the mud
My life is a novel
And I'm sure of that
But I'm not the hero
So please don't ask
(I'm sorry she was born a year later
And I'm sorry the Flash
Always has to wait for her)
Today's beautiful
Let's dance on the piano keys
I'll hold you, in my mind
And then you'll spin me
We'll make it through this story
We'll make it right on through
You know, it's called trust, see
And I'll look after you

No comments:

Post a Comment