Monday, August 24, 2015

All is Well

Sometimes being alone is a nightmare
And I'd die for another breather of life
Another beating heart to calm my nerves
Because when I'm alone I can hear my mind

And the monsters aren't ever easily scared
They haunt me and I hear the screaming inside
As my heart pounds loudly and head pounds louder
Watching the dark as silence eats me alive

But tonight, being alone is a comfort
Though I long for your warmth next to me
The monsters are gone, and though war rages on
All is well, and my mind is at peace

The ceiling is kind and my pillows are sweet
The blanket is soft and the music is kind
Lovely memories replay in my head
And I thank God I get to call them mine

Today was a challenge and drained me of strength
But now my eyes are closing willingly
The air is gentle and my breaths are steady
Though I wish that you were here with me

No comments:

Post a Comment