Saturday, August 29, 2015

It.

Emotions are a maelstrom
And right now thoughts are worse
I tripped on what's behind me
Now I'm falling in head first
If I had a sailboat
I lost it long ago
Now it is taken over
And trying to get home
I hold on to a moment
Life changes when I blink
The thing about doing chores is
It gives me too much time to think
What if I don't wanna turn sixteen?
Is that my choice, or is it theirs?
This train keeps going faster
But maybe I'm not that scared
It might be fine, could be alright
If I were to tell you the truth
Because years come and go, and as we grow
Each year's another year closer to you
But she can't come to Anchorage now
And he can't go to Fuze
So now I'm wondering endlessly
And asking what I'll choose
I'm breathing eternally
But what does breathing do?
It just gives me another chance
To make a harder move
The bones were never broken
But all of us are hurt
'Cause this life's rated R for "ready"
And it looks like none of us were
The last three years
There was a drought of laughter
The last three years
Were worse than the ones after
It hurts so much
Because it mattered
'Cause the last two years
Hearts were shattered
Sometimes tears don't turn into laughs
Sometimes defense feels more like an attack
Sometimes your thought process won't leave the past
And sometimes a person will never come back
But I can't help anymore
Maybe it's a test
To see if I can trust the Lord
With all of my breaking friends
There's nothing I can do
There's nothing I can say
God, You're the only One
I hit my knees and pray
They tell me things I hear in their heads
It takes me too long to fall asleep
Those aren't my problems, put them back
And I hardly really eat
It's like I'm walking on a tightrope
And You're begging me to look up
But I can't stop staring at my feet
To make sure I don't mess up
You're still calling out to me
Because You know I'll get there
If I don't count on my own power
If my gaze is fixed in the air
But I'll stare at a problem
With nothing to say
'Cause there's no black and white
That why my last name's Grey
Tell me they're okay
Tell me I'm just fine
Say you understand me
Yeah freaking right.
There's hope out the window
I'm not gonna quit
I'm looking at You now
'Cause Jesus You're it

2 comments:

  1. "It's like I'm walking on a tightrope And You're begging me to look up But I can't stop staring at my feet To make sure I don't mess up." Wow. This was so good.

    ReplyDelete