Monday, August 10, 2015

The Dot

She's talking to them about getting older
Money for college, a car, and insurance
Getting a job and going away
I have to run upstairs 'cause I can't listen to this
Stress and tension fill every gap
I'm sorry dear parents, I can't handle that
Bills to pay and life plus tax
Getting good grades so you don't come last
They tell me I just have to love and have faith
And then shove the real world all up in my face
Good college, good money, good job, that's the way
To survive in this life full of love and strong faith
Help me break away, help me break away
I can't keep doing this every single day
It overwhelms me, and it's not mine to say
But it kills me inside that things happen this way
And they've got ideas, and they all know
But I haven't a clue of where I am to go
Is there a place for me other than the road?
Am I destined to wander my life on my own?
Now I'm losing my faith, and I'd say that it's scary
"Em, don't stress about college, or who you will marry,"
They say faith and love, that's where I should be staring
But everything they talk about's temporary 

1 comment: