Monday, November 16, 2015

Faces

People always used to say,
"I hope our friendship stays the same."
I never knew what they meant till today
But now I've seen a different face
Because people, they change
And then go away
Some only stay
Until it rains
Friends turn to gossips
Their siblings lose hope
You stop getting invited
And warm hugs turn cold
Parents divorce
Best friends die
Pessimism swells
Nobody tries
Everybody takes every single word the wrong way
And everyone leaves the one who could have been saved
Girlfriends fall apart
Then break the boyfriend's heart
Or the other way around,
But I can't listen to the sound
Anymore
It's like they tied me to a chair
And after making friends with me there
Walked out the door
And I had another dream last night
Where I doubted your friendship again
But you swooped in and saved the day
And told me that we'd never end
You know, I never wanna send you that text
That says, "I prayed for you again,"
The one I send to all the friends
Who have gone away and left me behind
Though I'm still trying to find
The words to make them change their minds




(Bit of something I wrote the other week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment