Sunday, November 29, 2015

Yours Truly

After watching little films
Of when we were young
I guess I have much to think about
Since I've all but grown up

I'm losing moments
And gaining speed
What will I have to show for it?
My life in my teens?

We don't take videos anymore
My journal is usually quite rejected
I guess I'll have this beaten blog
Though on it my moments aren't perfected

So here's hello to future me
If you find this eventually
Or if you still post on it, maybe
But just don't delete it, promise me

I don't know where my life is headed
To be honest, I can't picture me at any job I've seen
I can do the work, but what will I excel in?
All my interests include creativity

Where you are now, I'm not sure
But I know God is still holding you
If you feel like letting go yet
Please remember what you once knew

I don't know if your best friends
Are still walking by your side
But I know if someone left, it wasn't you
And I constantly pray they won't leave you behind

So here's hello to future me
If you find this eventually
Or if you still post on it, maybe
Just don't delete it, pretty please

This is another one of those
Funny "teenage angst" things
Maybe you'll laugh and show your husband
Maybe it'll be something he's already seen

Or maybe you'll be the same as me
As I am right now, all sentimental
Keep reading back and soon you'll see
I've been known to call it semi-mental

This is to my future kids
Darlings, I love you already
You've got several years of prayer on you
'Cause I've been praying endlessly

Be patient with your mother, please
'Cause she can be a bit dramatic ;)
I'm excited to know you one day
If you get my genes, you'll be fantastic



Well.. here's goodbye to future me
And my husband, dear, you too
To all my kids, so long for now
Guess I could say I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment