Thursday, November 26, 2015

Gratitude.

I am thankful for the Love of my life rising from the dead.
I am thankful that I can look at Ethan with a sad expression in the car, and he will know that I am listening to the lyrics of the song playing.
I am thankful that I was pushed into a swimming pool by Nick years ago.
I am thankful that no matter what I say or feel, I am heard by the One I always want so desperately to be heard by.
I am thankful that my mother helps save lives; not only at the Pregnancy Resource center, but also here at home.
I am thankful for the trees that line one of the roads to my house.
I am thankful that Hope understands me.
I am thankful that Rebekah has ambitions and energy that have been pumped into me as well.
I am thankful for my father being playful and protective.
I am thankful for the times Alex has asked me if anything was wrong, even when I didn't tell anyone my world was caving in.
I am thankful for that night on Grace's roof.
I am thankful for eleven kids showing up in a small living room on a night that was almost cancelled out of fear.
I am thankful that Isaac is writing a book.
I am thankful for a beautiful blonde on my soccer team ages ago.
I am thankful for a rock by a water slide.
I am thankful that Baylie can rant to me and cry to me about how life is so beautiful in the same day.
I am thankful for all the moments that have hurt, and the years I spent quietly wishing I didn't exist.
I am thankful for the time I was up in a tree on a cool Saturday morning watching my brother and his football team at practice.
I am thankful for a girl I've had almost my whole life, and my only friend in Surge.
I am thankful for not knowing the difference between leaves and feathers as a child.
I am thankful for manual labor with my brothers and Dad (because they don't ask Rebekah to do that stuff).
I am thankful for a homeschool pool party I was dragged to.
I am thankful for a Mission Arlington that made me cry out of fear because I thought I was all alone.
I am thankful for talking to a pretend therapist in my room.
I am thankful for a trip to Colorado and running about outside with wet hair.
I am thankful for 80's night at Anchorage.
I am thankful for the day I got my ukulele.
I am thankful for the lanyards hanging from my closet doorknob.
I am thankful for the friends I had as a kid.
I am thankful for switching churches and hating it and my life being challenged.
I am thankful for Lacey.
I am thankful for the night I knelt by my bedside, facing the window, and sobbed to God, asking Him to change it.
I am thankful that He did not.
I am thankful for Izzy's honesty.
I am thankful for Facebook conversations.
I am thankful for going to California and being horribly lonely.
I am thankful for resolved drama at summer camp.
I am thankful for tornado warnings.
I am thankful for that Rangers game.
I am thankful for hair as thin as paper.
I am thankful for buses driving slightly unstable kids to a place that they would grow closer to God, and maybe even form an unbreakable bond with each other.
I am thankful for slide whistles.
I am thankful for lyrics that hit home and make me hate and love the song at the same time.
I am thankful for starting a blog and pouring life and death onto the pages.

I am thankful for you.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously crying, this is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then I read the rest... Wow... That's... Wow... Speechless...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I'm thankful for you. xD And haha, thank you, I suppose.

      Delete