Sunday, May 1, 2016

Crowns

Now I'm left with blisters on my feet
Red on my hand
Polish on my nails
And you in my head
Can't help but wish we were there again
But that's alright, I'll see you soon
And you'll offer to fetch me the moon
And we'll dance across the ballroom floor
And I'll let you open my car door
And we'll have ice cream at an adorable café
And we'll sit on a bench, you'll say you wish we could stay
I hope you know that I meant it
If I was queen and I had the world to chose from
You'd have a crown on your head in no time
It will always be you

I still feel the floor shaking
I still feel smiles through the night
You always know what to say
But sometimes you say it with your eyes
I still feel my heart beating
I still feel your hand in mine
We had hours to spend like gold
But we still wish we had more time

1 comment: