Monday, November 17, 2014

But He Can.

Everything I once knew
Is crumbling before my very eyes
And all happiness splits down the middle
While I tell myself it's alright
It would be one thing if I could run
Or if I could fly, just so far away
But those hopes are shattered and gone
This is something I cannot escape
I've given all my heart
All my mind and all of me
I tried to fix this place
But I'm just in the way, you see
Ah, this place
This place I call home
Oh, this place I call home
Is an ocean of tears
Now I am alone
Alone with my fears
It's now all too clear
It's now all too near
So much I can't handle
So much all right here
I failed again this morning
Broke a promise to myself
Broke everything inside me
Broke down in front of someone else
It was worse than ever this time
I was sinking as I cried out
But if we look on the bright side
At least my eyes are clean now
Well, right when I want to teach
I find that it would seem
I'm the one that needs to see
That needs to learn just how to breathe
And all I've tried to put away
Lurks over me day after day
I'm not sure how much more I can take
I die to be strong, and I only break
Those little boys will need someone
And I have to be there for them
But all they see is an unstable teen
Who falls apart at everything
And I want to be the shoulder she cries on
But I'm the one crying, my steadiness gone
She wouldn't come to me, though I wish that she did
Because in her eyes I am only a kid
I don't blame her for that
I won't blame anyone
This is harder than ever
I'm not giving up
But the effort that I put in
Will just drag me down again
And anxiety, I know, is my sin
I am fighting, I can't see a win
I love You God with all my heart
But sometimes You just feel so far
I can't rest anywhere down here
Just let me rest in You
Oh God, be near
I'll be speaking tomorrow
The things I need to know
Talking somewhat to myself
Teaching me how to let go
Though I'm doing this for them
Even if it doesn't show
That they'll even take it in
But You'll speak through me, I hope
There's no one here that I can run to now
Not at this moment
So again, I beg that You'd be here
That I'd feel Your presence and hold it
Instead of the billion other things
Tied on weights to my ankles and wrists
I've been dragging them around and
To be free is my one wish
So let this be an example
To those who think I've got it together
Read these words and realize
That there are storms that I still cannot weather

3 comments: