Sunday, November 16, 2014

Too Much

Some things I can't say
I can only write
Just not in the day
I wait until the night
She said,
"Oh great, I've said too much.
"Well this is just superb.
"Every time I open up
"Is a time that I get hurt."
Too much, too much
I'm shaking my head
Too much, too much
I'm holding my thread
And I lie here in bed
Asking can I just run now?
Can I run instead?
Again, this is exhausting
Not like it'll change
I swear they'll never notice
No matter what I say
The shadow I've been is fading
I'm somebody, I think
I'm just so tired of chasing
You miss me when you blink
Too much, too much
I'm holding this weight
Too much, too much
I think I might break
It's far too much
Gotta lay it down again
Gotta trust the One
Instead of living in my head
Repeatedly I'm at the cross
Crying again for what I've lost
But crying more for what I've gained
'Cause I can't carry all this weight
But He said His arms were strong
So all my burdens, they belong
In His arms and not in mine
I hold too much and I will die
So now I'm giving You control
Of all my fears, my sorrows, my soul
You once said I was more than gold
And then you took the things I hold

2 comments: