Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Grasp.

Walking, face to the wind
You swear under your breath
Saying you'll never win
And the agony's a sin
Can you ever get it back?
The childhood that you miss?
But look around, what's going on?
We're holding the things
We should lay at the cross
And I'm screaming I'll slip and I'll fall
But where is my faith?
Have I any at all?
We study until the headaches
But what's the point if all we learn
Is how quickly we can break?
Well, we'll get through it all someday
Everything we can't find
Everything we can't say
I know you and what you can take
Want to know someone
Is there that'll stay
And I'm telling you I won't just change
No, I am here
And I won't walk away
Still, we search for air at night
Coughing, gasping
Why aren't we right?
The days drag
And at the same time, they fly
But we're doing the same thing
And our life seems to die
We found ourselves grown
Our hearts maybe broke
We never spoke
Can you keep a secret?
I stopped breathing a long time ago
And my hands held on tightly
With so much strength and good grip
And they weren't shaking
I would never even slip
But I looked and I noticed
I lifted my head
And the rope that I held there
Was only a thread
Good thing the Son
Was holding my lungs
There's a point in your life
When you know, you realize
That you cannot disguise
You can't compromise
You must make a change
So a change then I made
Doesn't mean I don't shatter,
Just means I have grace
'Cause those hands were mine
That's why I lost time
That's why I quit breathing
Why I nearly died
Now the hands are so strong
They're put into my songs
The One that made mine
Is the One that holds on

1 comment: