Sunday, November 23, 2014

Hesitant

It's a battle
A struggle
I'm fragile
I don't know who's winning
My love is
Not thinning
Every moment I awake
From the sleep that overcomes
When the morning always takes
Me from the dreams that will succumb
I ponder of the moments
Created by my head
And after a while I realize
Exactly what they meant
It took me forever this time
But it hit me by midday
The significance of last night
And it blew me all away
I was shocked to find the truth
Because of what I've seen before
My heart was always hesitant
I shouldn't have expected much more
You see, you always intervene
I've always let you save me scars
But last night wasn't the same
Something was wrong just on my part
Well, confusion took hold right then
And I was trying to figure it out
But I slipped and my path was to end
I knew I was going straight down
That's when a hand reached to me
It was yours, and I was afraid
I didn't want to take you down as well
And you tried, but I wouldn't be saved
Most nights I let you
So I didn't understand
Why I let myself fall
When you let out your hand
And with everything inside you
With every fiber within
You came right to my rescue
But I was scared that you would slip

No comments:

Post a Comment