Sunday, November 30, 2014

Chest

My footsteps 
Follow trails
I didn't think I'd walk down
It's a path
I didn't choose
But gladly
Accepted
Because
You know
Violently 
Shoved
Away
Any 
Hope
I locked it
Into a chest
And sent it
Off to sea
In a leaking
Pirate ship
I never
Let
Myself think
About how much
I wanted that
Hope back
Never.
So if you ask me
If I would have 
Chosen
These trails I'm on
I maybe
Would cry
Unable
To express
Just 
How
Much
I wanted this
And the hope
I sent away
And I would tell you
Defintely.
That chest
Was opened 
Again
And my hopes
Flooded 
Back out 
Gushing
From the pirate ship
That I had sunk
And with the
Help of the wind
They found me
Again
And this time
Locked them
In my own chest
They were 
There
To stay.
Here
A lovely seed
In
My heart
But
Everyone should know
I didn't 
Simply
Inherit
Hope.
It was 
A process
It was
A storm
Like trying to
Fall back asleep
In the midst of
An endless 
Hurricane 
And when you can
Finally sleep again
All you get
Are nightmares
I
Went through
Much.
However,
That was
The hurricane 
That
Sunk my 
Pirate ship
And two years later
My hope tumbled out again
I had
Missed it
It came to me
And buried itself
Inside
To only grow
Like the trees on the sides
Of these trails I'm on.

No comments:

Post a Comment