Friday, July 3, 2015

Wow

If I was really loyal
I wouldn't really know
If I was loyal to myself
It wouldn't really show
The one thing I can say is
I'm never letting go
Come to me, I'll run to you
If you need some hope
So find me in the darkness
When shadows make you scared
Find me in the water
When you're caught unprepared
I'll be by your side
You'll be in my care
That's when I'll protect you
'Cause no one else was there
I'll paint you a picture
But it won't be bright enough
I'll write you a poem
But I'll never say enough
I'll sing you a song
But it couldn't be pretty enough
'Cause you, you make
My mind go blank
Of all the things
I have to say
And you, you make
My head explode
With too much inside
That never shows
It's an impossible puzzle
That I can't seem to solve
The pieces are scattered
But it doesn't feel wrong
It's nothing I can write
I just know that it's real
And wow, stupid me
Trying to explain how I feel

1 comment: