Monday, October 10, 2016

Cement

The clouds stretch wide,
Scattered in puffs
Just like my thoughts--
I guess I've seen them enough
To think of that as I visualize
The scene from earlier tonight
Inside my head, lying in bed
But I'm back at that moment for a time
The clouds line up towards the sun
I hope to say that's what my thoughts do
But I'm afraid mine are raining a bit sometimes
Although, today, I more than made it through
Little Wynnie shows me a handful
Of old, rusty nails from the ground
As though they were perfectly harmless
Quickly, I dispose of what she found
I write your name on the cement
With a dusty, white rock
Everyone knows I love you
Yet, everybody talks

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
"And lean not on your own understanding."
Like throwing away Wynnie's old nails
I think that it finally hit me

No comments:

Post a Comment