Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Hummingbird

I can't stop crying
"Please stop lying,
"I know you're dying"
I keep trying
I keep trying
I keep trying


I'm losing you
I'm losing my mind, too
I don't know what to do
Too vulnerable, too--
Make it through
Another day, will you?
Maybe that will convince me to do the same
Maybe that will convince me to do the same


I can't breathe
Because neither can she
All alone, all alone, all alone
She always smiles
Is that supposed to make me feel better, or you?


Shelby, come back to me
Do you remember when I said
I pray for you every night?
I still do
I still do
I see you down the sidewalk in my head
You keep getting farther away
I'm losing you too
I still do


The same thing every day
My head hurts
Praying and sobbing on my Mom's closet floor
So my brothers can't hear me
Maybe they'll think I'm one day stronger
Just keep waiting one second longer
Just keep going one day longer


There's red on my feet
From the glass on the floor
Glass from the chests
Of all of my friends
So I'll tell you to put back the glue one more time
It doesn't work, I already tried
Maybe they can't see
The red on my feet
What about in my eyes?
It's okay, I could barely make it out in the mirror

I see it better on my Mom's closet floor

Sister, don't cry
Friends, stay alive







"Every night I ask myself,
"Am I giving enough?
"Am I giving enough?
"Am I giving enough?
"Am I?"












Last quote by Local Natives

1 comment: