Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Finally

But I know there's a purpose.
I know there's a purpose Rebekah's relationship ended
I know there's a purpose I'm losing all the ones I've befriended
I know there's a purpose I still think about people that should be in my past
I know there's a purpose for the endings of the things that didn't last
I know there's a purpose for sickness and near-death experiences
And not sleeping before tests only to feel delirious
I know there's a purpose for trees in the window view
And license plates and me losing Shelby too
I know there's a purpose for staining my comforter with tears
Because I see what came from that very thing if we look back a couple years
I know there's a purpose for not being able to fix anything for Joseph
I know there's a purpose for crying on the carpet because everything is broken
I know there's a purpose for the loneliness that plagues us few right now
I know there's a purpose for the emptiness I taste inside my mouth
I know there's a purpose for misunderstandings and school frying my brain
I know there's a purpose for the wonderful things that couldn't stay the same
I know there's a purpose for Baylie walking on for miles
I know there's a purpose for the ache felt when we receive fake smiles
I know there's a purpose for the nights that we know no one understands
I know there's a purpose for so-called hopelessness, and all our ruined plans
I know there's a purpose because my God is a God of meaning and love, not lies
I know there's a purpose for my life 'cause I'm His child, and I'm still alive






And I am certain that God, who began a good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
Philippians 1:6






3 comments: