Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Light

I used to write poems
I used to fit words into frames
That used to be home
The patterns would call back the same

Now I just write
I let my mind flow through my thumbs
And all the patterns?
They were shed a while ago,
Like leaving behind an old skin

I wash my hands of the outcome
But fear lurks like my shadow
So I turn my face toward the sun
I do better some days

I don't wanna walk in your shoes
I'll fall on the first step
What if I'm the only one who understands
That I don't actually understand?
Don't leave me out in the cold
I was just starting to grow
We make it up as we go
Just like the stories on your blog
Everything moves then it slows
I look around, did you know
That we're smiling for show?
It's okay; let it go
When I'm with him it's okay
All the nightmares, they fade
But I'm afraid we can't stay
So they come back in when he leaves
Take a breath, you're alright
Ignore the ceiling tonight
He's alive another moment
I'm praying for the light

No comments:

Post a Comment