Monday, April 20, 2015

Mercury

Mercy
She said that mine was mercy
Out of all the spiritual gifts,
And she said that mine is mercy
Mercy
Not giving someone the punishment they're deserving
But Mercy herself is still deserving
Of the punishment of being unworthy
'Cause she's still dying to be something
But she's deserving
To be kicked in the dirt, it's still her, she's still hurting
And now all the worth that she should be earning
Is coming from the One who's been busy reversing
The crimes that she's done, the criminal's still learning
Because she loves everyone, so recklessly yearning
To make them all better, to fix what's been hurting
And sure thing, I've made it into the category of mercy
But this love of mine is the love of God, did I have it from the beginning?
But still I credit it to my feelings
Like maybe they just hurt me
Like they're the rope around my neck, the only one that's trying to jerk me
Oh, mercy
Let's take a look at me at thirty
When my emotions will still be turning
Still breaking down, still thirsty
For a mind that's not trying to murder me
She's got kids now, but only birthing
The pain of a heart and the pain of returning
Back to the start when she hears that she's Mercy
But she travelled all the way to Mercury
To find a purpose, maybe what God could mean
By blessing her with this Mercy
When it feels like a curse to me
Here's to my future man for staying with me
When I'm all the mess that he'll ever need
I'll explain to him that I'm Mercy
But will I explain to him that it's hurting me?
Mercy
Is that Your explanation for leaving her with me?
When sometimes she is only a painful memory?
When she's one of the reasons I cannot sleep?
Mercy
But I'll be trusting You with my everything
Not just mine, but hers, You see
With every smile of hers that masks everything I see
If Mercy's why she's haunting me
Then I'll be Mercy instead of free
And someday You will rescue me
Till then I'm holding so tightly
Mercy, friend, have mercy on me
'Cause I can't handle everything
But I'll be strong, and You'll be watching me
Mercy was never so tough till me
Till Your love becomes my everything
And I'll say I got it from a place called Mercury

2 comments: